Sally (our Pademelon Diversional Therapist) had a lot of old stamps and suggested that we might be able to use them in our art group.
I drew up some basic shape folk-art style birds on a couple of canvases, and the residents collaged the stamps all over them. This was actually quite a good sensory activity as they ended up with glue on their fingers which they rolled off by rubbing their fingers together.
Then it was a simple job for me to then paint in the background with off-white (although it appears quite grey in these photos), and add a black-glue outline to make the images 'pop'. I love the white-on-white texture that the painted-over stamps create around the edges of the birds.
I'm quite enjoying our collaborative projects - everyone can be involved to some extent... Some are very hands on, while for others it's an opportunity to sit around the table and enjoy the social atmosphere. Either way it's a way to create a moment of fun and meaningful interaction (and every one of those is so precious!)
Thanks Moonflitter Musing and Eva Crawford on Redbubble for your creations that inspired this project :)
Click here to see more of the art we have been creating at Pademelon (an aged care facility for people with dementia).


These are absolutely terrific! So fun! I will be pinning this idea :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE!!!
ReplyDeleteThose are really fun!!
ReplyDelete