Cool Street-Art Style Lettering

Emma W (Yr 4)
After discussing the difference between Street Art and vandalism (!) we played with iconic letter-writing styles that are instantly associated with street art, even when done on paper.

I've used this activity as a half lesson (the other half being used to paint our Coil Snake Pots). Although I would have liked more time, and some kids didn't quite get finished (after the first group I switched to monograms), they have still done great work. This is a technique that they can re-work and use in lots of applications in their independent art work.

Thank you Natalie at smART Class for great easy-to-follow directions!

1 comment:

  1. Street art has a very legitimate place in our world. This is a great idea and as an artist and a first grade teacher this really moved me. It's a great way to teach children about an art movement that has tested cultural and social ideologies and made its place in art history. I am just beginning my blog and website. Thanks for inspiring me :)
    Happy blogging!
    briggs-artstudio.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love hearing your opinion, it means a lot to me, and to my students!