Weaving with Warm & Cool Colors....


Our last lesson for Term 1!
We're doing something a bit special this week...

Using oil pastels on colored paper, we've created two pictures that are the same - except for the color! The kids had free choice of subject - many chose Easter eggs, Georgia O'Keefe style flowers, hearts or stars. The instruction was to make their subject based on a simple shape and large in the page. Color was to be applied thickly to the main subject, with a strong outline, and some pattern was to be applied to the background.

Then we cut them up and wove them back together.

The effect is quite abstract, but our original subject is still (for the most part) recognizable.
They certainly remind me of the broken-glass effect of the Cubists :) 

Thank you Natalie at SmART Class for the original idea (I do seem to get a LOT of ideas from Natalie - her site is well worth a visit!!!)

I can't believe the year is already nearly a quarter gone! I've had a fabulous time this term, and I hope you have too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love hearing your opinion, it means a lot to me, and to my students!