With Mother's Day just around the corner, we decided to create special Peacock pictures for our Mums.
After guided drawing, we used oil pastel on black paper, with free choice of colour and being sure to include lots of layering and blending.
Before adding colour we used a solid undercoat of white pastel on our peacock bodies and the 'eyes' in their tails to make the colour bright and bring those key elements of our designs forward.
Our peacocks are just fabulous - I know they'll be treasured by our Mums for many years to come!
This lesson was inspired by collections I found on Artsonia here and here, and this beautiful photograph found on Pinterest.

Put a little white below is a great idea. As always, a job well done. Congratulations and a big hug.
ReplyDeleteI love these, so beautiful! I really enjoy your blog, and thank you for visiting mine! ;)
ReplyDeletehttp://donaldartroom.blogspot.com
Just beautiful! All the moms will be happy and your artists will be so proud.
ReplyDelete