Articulated Scarecrows ...
Our Scarecrows this week are in anticipation of the Mary Valley Scarecrow Festival which starts this weekend - it makes a lovely family afternoon drive into the Hinterland to see the clever and often humorous creations!
Created with cardboard and wax crayons, these are really lots of fun.
We started with a basic body template, to which the kids added their scarecrow's head, hands, feet, tatty clothing etc.
I drew the template in pencil before scanning it so that the resulting line is a light grey colour - subtle enough for the kids to change easily as they add their scarecrow's features.
We added strong colour with wax crayon, cut them out and pinned them together at the joints.
The final step is to glue them to the background, applying glue only to the head and torso so that the arms and legs can still move freely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I like this one! I always think of Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz and how rubbery his moves were! Thanks for the post!
ReplyDelete