Silberzweig Inspired Reef Fish


Tasman S

Living on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland, we have a number of coral reef islands on our door step. When I saw 'Sapphire Coral Fish' by Canadian artist Sandra Silberzweig, I knew that this would be a beautiful inspiration for a reef-themed picture. We started with a discussion about Sandra's use of bright colours, black outlines and pattern.



Molly B
Luka M

We created our own Reef Fish pictures using cut paper, fluoro paint and oil pastel. This project was such a lot of fun to do, and they are all beautiful! 


'Sapphire Coral Fish' - Sandra Silberzweig.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks :) We drew the pattern with white oil pastel first, then traced over the lines with the neon oil pastel. I'm going to try painting over the lines with the fluoro paint instead with this afternoon's class - if it works well it will save a bit of time I hope (I only have 1.5 hours to complete the whole project!)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love hearing your opinion, it means a lot to me, and to my students!